Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Pope. Pope. Pope.

So, that Pope died.

People have been talking at work - and someone asked how I was holding up with everything that's just happened and I was like -

"What are you talking about? Who?"

I was only relieved for that old man that he was released from the grip from all the folks so desperate to keep him functioning - propping him up in front of windows sock-puppet style for the last several months.

Which reminds me of Meryn Cadell's POPE song from an album several years back:

"Well I love that man, Pope John Paul the 3rd
I love him probably more than he deserves.
Okay, so he persecutes homosexuals, does not believe in abortion,
visits with Kurt Waldheim and tells us not to take the pill ...
There’s still a certain je ne sais quoi –
Some peace, some love, some goodwill.
Yeah, the pope, pope, pope, pope, pope.
We all here to see the pope, pope, pope, pope, pope..."

Meantime, back at the ranch, I keep wondering:

"How many Catholics does it take to install a Pope?"

No comments: